Sunday, October 1
Entry Deadline: September 16
1500M Swim/ 40km Bike
In conjunction with The Triathlon Club of Oklahoma City’s Chisholm Trail Sprint Triathlon and Route 66 Multisport Festival
At Lake El Reno: 2000 Babcock Drive, El Reno, OK 73036
Go to: https://www.triokc.club/chisholm0trail.html for full event details.
Event Fee when signing up with the Oklahoma Senior Games: $45
Race Day Timeline
5:30am – Last Minute Packet Pickup opens at the park pavilion
7:10am – Transition Opens
8:20am – Transition Closes
8:30am – Racers Meeting
8:40am – Olympic Distances Race Start
The events in this sport are the 1500M swim and 40K cycling
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
1. This event will be conducted in accordance with Triathlon Federation/USA rules except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
1365 Garden of the Gods Rd, Suite 250
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
2. No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 10 meters (33 feet) ahead or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side.
3. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Triathlon regulations. Multi-gear (free-wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed-gear bicycles are not permitted.
4. Swim caps are mandatory.
5. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
6. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals. (400M Swim, 20K Cycling and a 5K Road Race).
The 1500 meter swim is an open water swim in Lake El Reno. Triangle course. Wetsuits should be permitted, lake temperature should approximately be mid 70’s. The 40K mile bike course is out and back, the majority being on Route 66 with a few slight inclines.
Link to Chisholm Trail Sprint Triathlon website: https://www.triokc.club/chisholm-trail.html
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT
From OKC take I-40 west to El Reno, exit Country Club Rd (Exit 123). Go north 1 mile to Elm St. Go west (turn left) on Elm St. and road will lead straight in the parking/race start area. Look for the El Reno water tower.
Please park in the grass in the ballpark area, just before entering the race site.
This is a USAT Sanctioned Event. It will follow all USAT rules and guidelines. All participants MUST have a valid ID along w/ a USAT License. If you do not have a valid USAT #, then you MUST purchase a one-day USAT Membership for $15. You can purchase a one-day or annual USAT membership direct from USAT.
The Most Common Rule Violations – A MUST READ!! Most Common Rules Violations & Their Penalty