5K and 10K Time Trials
Saturday, October 7
Entry Deadline: September 23
Fort Sill Visitors Control Center (580) 442-9602
T6701 NW Sheridan Road
Lawton, OK 73503
Enter at the Main Gate and follow map
Make sure you follow the directions provided and plan for the event ahead of time.
Access to Fort Sill is restricted.
Please NO OUTSIDE FOOD at the Patriots Club. Awards will be given at the 2nd Floor Ballroom.
The Oklahoma Senior Games Cycling Championships will be held at the same time as Octoberfest.
Friday October 6 from 5 pm until 10 pm and Saturday from noon to 7 pm there will be:
German food, German Beer, Bands, Food Trucks, Games and much more. The event is free; you pay only for food and drink.
5K Time Trials all Divisions
10K Time Trial all Divisions
Standard, Two Wheel and Trike Recumbent Un-Faired, Two Wheel and Trike Recumbent Faired, Paralympic Upright, Paralympic Handbike, Paralympic Tandem, Paralympic Tricycle
9:00 am 22K Cycling Road Race
9:00 am 44K Cycling Road Race
12:00 pm 5 K Cycling Time Trial
10K Time Trial to follow one half hour after the last 5K cyclist crosses the finish line
Check In: 11:00 am for both the 5K and 10K Time Trials.
See OKSeniorGames.com website; Events; Cycling for Time Trial and Road Race maps.
- The starting order for all races will be from youngest to oldest starting with males followed by females. Some recumbents will be at the head of the line and others will be at the rear.
- The start sheet with the starting order will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event.
- Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
- All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
Event Judge Myron McCasland
- All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with USA Cycling rules,
except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, visit or contact:
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Helmets are mandatory (Ansi or Snell approved with sticker affixed).
- Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear bicycles are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
- There may be no protective shield, fairing, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC or for those participating in the faired divisions. Motors are not permitted in any classification.
- If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
- In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start, but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
- Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or two meters (seven feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
- No restarts are permitted.
- Clipon handlebars are not allowed in the Road Race.
- Race event results will be posted. Finishing place may be challenged up to 15 minutes after posting. If there is an adjustment, 15 minutes will again be allowed before the final places are declared.
2023 is not a year to qualify for NSGA Championships