Sunday, October 7
Entry Deadline: September 23
750M Swim/ 20km Bike/5km Run
In conjunction with The Triathlon Club of Oklahoma City’s Chisholm Trail Sprint Triathlon
At Lake El Reno: 2000 Babcock Drive, El Reno, OK 73036
Go to: https://triokc.club/chisholm-trail-tri for full event details.
Sunday at 7:50am, there will be a mandatory athlete meeting with the Race Director and Head Referee
Sprint Distance- Transition will close at 7:45am with Race Start at 8:30am
is available on Friday from 12-6pm and Saturday from 10 – 4 at Schlegel Bicycles Downtown OKC- 900 N Broadway Ave, Ste 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73102. Also, on Race Day Starting at 6:30am.
The events in this sport are the 750M swim, 20K cycling and the 5K road race.
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
3. Go to
NATIONAL QUALIFYING RULES
All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
1. This event will be conducted in accordance with Triathlon Federation/USA rules except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
1365 Garden of the Gods Rd, Suite 250
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
2. No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 10 meters (33 feet) ahead or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side.
3. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Triathlon regulations. Multi-gear (free-wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed-gear bicycles are not permitted.
4. Swim caps are mandatory.
5. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
6. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals. (400M Swim, 20K Cycling and a 5K Road Race).
SPRINT DISTANCE TRIATHLON
The 750 meter swim is an open water swim in Lake El Reno. Triangle course. Wetsuits should be permitted, lake temperature should approximately be mid 70's. The 20K mile bike course is out and back, the majority being on Route 66 with a few slight inclines. The 5K run course is paved, flat and winding asphalt road, out and back course.
Link to Chisholm Trail Sprint Triathlon website: https://triokc.club/chisholm-trail-tri
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT
From OKC take I-40 west to El Reno, exit Country Club Rd (Exit 123). Go north 1 mile to Elm St. Go west (turn left) on Elm St. and road will lead straight in the parking/race start area. Look for the El Reno water tower.
Please park in the grass in the ball park area, just before entering the race site.
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
This is a USAT Sanctioned Event. It will follow all USAT rules and guidelines. All participants MUST have a valid ID along w/ a USAT License. If you do not have a valid USAT #, then you MUST purchase a one-day USAT Membership for $15. You can purchase a one-day or annual USAT membership direct from USAT.
The Most Common Rule Violations – A MUST READ!! Most Common Rules Violations & Their Penalty