Saturday, October 21
Entry Deadline: October 7
Location: Lake El Reno
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT
From OKC take I-40 west to El Reno, exit Country Club Rd (Exit 123). Go north 1 mile to Elm St. Go west (turn left) on Elm St. and road will lead straight in the parking/race start area. Look for the El Reno water tower.
Please park in the grass in the ball park area, just before entering the race site.
750M Swim/ 20km Bike/5km Run
In conjunction with The Triathlon Club of Oklahoma City’s Chisholm Trail Triathlon
For more info: https://www.triokc.club/escape-elreno
Check in: will close before 7:45 a.m. Saturday October 21
Mandatory Meeting: 7:50 a.m.
Event begins: 8:30 am
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
This is a USAT Sanctioned Event. It will follow all USAT rules and guidelines. All participants MUST have a valid ID along w/ a USAT License. If you do not have a vaild USAT #, then you MUST purchase a one-day USAT Membership for $15. You can purchase a one-day or annual USAT membership direct from USAT.
The events in this sport are the 750M swim, 20K cycling and the 5K road race.
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
NATIONAL QUALIFYING RULES
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
1. This event will be conducted in accordance with Triathlon Federation/USA rules except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
1365 Garden of the Gods Rd, Suite 250
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
2. No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 10 meters (33 feet) ahead or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side.
3. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Triathlon regulations. Multi-gear (free-wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed-gear bicycles are not permitted.
4. Swim caps are mandatory.
5. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
6. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals. (400M Swim, 20K Cycling and a 5K Road Race).
The Triathlon Club of Oklahoma City