TABLE TENNIS SPONSORED BY JOE COOPER FORD
Saturday, October 27
Entry Deadline: September 13
Oklahoma City Table Tennis Club
5845 NW 50th
Warr Acres, OK 73122
Events: Singles, Men’s and Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Check In: 8:30 am
Singles Begins: 9:00 am
Doubles and Mixed Doubles to follow
1. Players must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
2. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
3. For this event, players who are ages 40 or over as of December 31, 2017 may participate. They do not; however, qualify to play in the National Senior Games Championships.
4. The age division of competition for Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners. Doubles partners must be of the same gender.
5. Players may not wear white shirts, white skirts or white shorts.
1. For singles competition a round robin format will be utilized. For divisions with 6 or less players, each player will play each other and winners will be determined by their playing record. For divisions with 7 or more players, the division will be broken into pools, playing a preliminary round robin within the pool. Winners from each pool will advance to a single elimination tournament.
2. Round Robin format will be used for doubles and mixed doubles (same procedure as singles).
3. Play shall consist of a five game match. The winner shall be the first player to win three games.
4. The first player to score 11 points wins a game, unless both players have scored 10 points. In that situation, the serve changes each point and the winner is the first player to score a two-point lead.
5. Play shall be continuous throughout the match with a two-minute break between games.
6. The Tournament Director reserves the right to change/modify the format of any event.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Table Tennis (USATT) rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please visit or contact:
USA Table Tennis
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
1. All first through fourth place finishers at the 2018 Oklahoma Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
2. Athletes must qualify in each table tennis event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2019 National Senior Games.